STI has dropped 25% year-to-date.
Warchest Deployment
I have deployed around 30% of my warchest in Mar 2020 so far. The warchest includes my CPF-OA investable funds.
Some of the warchest funds are in SSB and will need some time to redeem.
For the rest of my warchest, a possible action plan going forward:
STI 2,150 - 2,300: Deploy 1/3 of remaining warchest
STI 2,000 - 2,150: Deploy 1/3 of remaining warchest
STI below 2,000 : Deploy 1/3 of remaining warchest (CPF-OA investable funds)
STI below 1,800 and no more funds: Deploy rest of CPF-OA into unit trust or STI ETF
An alternative Plan B will be:
1) Wait for market to stabilise with price breaking 20-day moving average before deploying rest of warchest
Hmm, not sure which plan is better?
Anyway, I will not make any purchase for the next few days. This is to let my cash position stabilise, so that I have more accurate picture of my remaining funds.
S-Reits Thoughts
While the market have crashed, the reits below are not cheap at P/B basis
Ascendas Reit: 1.16 P/B
Mapletree Commercial Trust: 1.00 P/B
Mapletree Industrial Trust: 1.33 P/B
Mapletree Logistic Trust: 1.11 P/B
I am not sure why the 4 reits above is trading at book or above book value during market crash. I guess that the 4 reits above are a 'crowded' trade.
The Capita reits are cheaper at P/B basis.
CapitaComm Trust: 0.80 P/B
CapitalMall Trust: 0.85 P/B
Anyway, the above reits are not in my watchlist currently. I am just expressing my surpise at seeing reits trading above NAV at the current moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lowering Risk of Bad Outcomes
As one's net worth gets larger, lowering the risk of bad outcomes becomes more relevant and important. For example, if you have retired ...
-
Buffett has mentioned that an investor should be animated by greed but not be controlled by it. Van Tharp, in Schwager's Market Wizards,...
-
I have discovered that I have made a blunder in my valuation of Hongwei and Contel. That is, I did not take into account of their newly issu...
-
This post was created in Feb 2011. Apr 2017: Updated with 4 books Updated in Dec 2023, Dec 2024, Dec 2025 _________________ In my e...
No comments:
Post a Comment