Plan moving forward
Currently, my stock allocation is 63.5%, higher than the 57% allocation at end 2019.
I plan to stick to the current allocation and do nothing for now. This is because I am not sure if we are going to see a lower bottom down the road. I am not sure how fast the global economy will recover.
If we see a lower bottom, I will have some funds to buy shares at lower prices.
If there is no lower bottom, I still benefitted from stock market recovery.
Performance and Positioning
My stock portfolio as at end 1Q 2020 is -20%, close to STI's -22.6%.
Currently, my portfolio is -15%, as the market recovered from its lows.
I hold 39 stocks, a more diversified portfolio compared to end 2019 (26 stocks).
I am not sure how things will be moving forward. Will we see a second wave in 2H 2020? Will we see a L, U or V-shaped recovery?
Given the unknown, I will avoid travel-related stocks and hotel stocks for now.
Sunday, April 26, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gradually switching to ETFs
Year-to-date, my stock portfolio is down 10%, mainly due to losses in individual stocks. On the contrary, the ETFs in my stock portfolio he...
-
Buffett has mentioned that an investor should be animated by greed but not be controlled by it. Van Tharp, in Schwager's Market Wizards,...
-
I have discovered that I have made a blunder in my valuation of Hongwei and Contel. That is, I did not take into account of their newly issu...
-
7th lesson: Higher gains are needed to compensate losses (see table below). Well, this is a lesson that I have to re-remember. And since I a...
No comments:
Post a Comment