Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sell Sell stocks in SG market

For the past month, I have been selling stocks in the Singapore market

- Sold my second half of OCBC stocks at $11.20. Still keeping DBS. I do not intend to sell any DBS, even though the market is pricing in DBS having higher provisions.

- Sold all my stake in Far East Hospitality. I don't like its latest quarter results.

 - Sold my remaining stake in Valuetronics, before it went ex-dividend. The price of Valuetronics may be higher now after including the dividends. But I decide to take profit as I no longer like the risk-reward in Valuetronics

- Sold my stake in Fraser Logistic Trust at $1.11. The price-to-book ratio for Fraser Logistic trust is more than 1.15, which is no longer attractive for me to hold. Of course, Fraser Logistic trust may still have room to run.

Personally, I am finding that Singapore market is getting fully valued and it is hard to find any interesting stocks to buy. Yes, there are low price-to-book property stocks in Singapore market, but property stocks are not my cup of tea.

I have been nibbling at HK stocks and surpisingly, two Malaysian stocks.

I get the ideas on malaysian stocks from AbsolutelyStocks.com. I subscribed to The Edge magazine for 3 years, and it gave me free access to AbsolutelyStocks.com for three months. The AbsolutelyStocks.com. has live portfolios, which allow me to pick on their ideas.

Not sure if I will continue to subscribe to AbsolutelyStocks.com after three months. Personally, I like 'live' portfolios, as it gives you stock ideas and allows you to learn from other people's thinking behind their portfolio. 

No comments:

Equity Risk Premium in US market

Equity Risk Premium (ERP) refers to the additional return over risk-free interest rate for holding equity.  ERP can be computed by taking ea...