Thursday, April 26, 2018

Quick Update

Some quick thoughts

Valutronics dropped 17% today from 0.90 to 0.74. Wow. Not sure why it dropped so much. I do not have guts to catch such dropping knife, as I am not sure if there is any fundamental reasons behind the drop

Recently, I think I am quite enthusiastic on Reits. Not sure why.

Sold down ESR-Reit quite a bit due to the unexpected low DPU.

Have been buying Ascendas Hospitality Reit, as it is trading below NAV and has potential of increasing DPU after its Australia residence is developed in 2019.

Also, sold down 500 DBS shares at $29.64. Left 1,000 shares. May sell another 500 share at around $30.50.

Added more Bank of China (BOC). I have stocks on BOC, ABC and CCB. I have more ABC and CCB. So as I want more exposure to China Banks, I added to my BOC position.

Tech crash!? Does not really affect me, as I do not own any tech stocks as it seems.

First Ship Lease Trust, Own it two to three years ago, but sold to cut loss thereafter. Was thinking that it could be a good asset play if it can pay off its debt. But it seems that I under-estimated the impact of debt has on its asset. Looks like I have to be more careful on turnaround stocks with high debt.

Talking about turnaround stocks, I have Ausgroup. This is another stock that I have no idea why its share price manage to gain back the losses after its share price dropped due to share placement. Anyway, I am still holding on to the shares.

No comments:

80% of CapitaLand China Trust debts are in SGD

Earlier, I noted that Chinese reits have debts in non-RMB ( link ).  CapitaLand China Trust's borrowings are mostly in non-RMB too. In f...