Sunday, July 7, 2019

Apr - Jun update

The market is back to its high recently, especially with Reits choinging.

I don't hold a lot of Reits. Nonetheless, the sale of some some reit stocks gives me the headache of looking for better stock(s) to buy with the money. And it is hard to find undervalued stocks in current market.

In Apr - Jun  I bought
- Kingsmen Creative. It is a smallish stake, as I feel that its NERF may have some potential. But that remains to be monitored.
- HSBC. It is a smallish stake for dividends
- OCBC. It is also a smallish stake, as the price ran up to $11 before I could buy more.
- Serbia Dinamik. It is a malaysian stock in Oil and Gas industry that is surprisingly growing in last few years.
- Eagle Hospitality Trust. Buying at average 0.705, as its price drops from the IPO price of 0.78 and its dividend is expected to exceed 8%. The downside is that I will likely see the dividend next year.

I also added to my position on
- HRnet. Currently, I stop adding, as its next few quarters may not post good results due to the not-so-good economic conditions.
- Sunpower and Hang Lung property as price drops.

Sold the following:
- HKland. This is to take profit
- Fraser Commercial Trust at around $1.47 - $1.50. The sale was done at April before its run-up in late June.

Cut down my positions on the following:
- Tat Seng Packaging. Its 1Q results is not good
- Silverlake Axis. The sale is to take some profit and reduce my position to a more comfortable level of 7.3% of my portfolio
- AIMS AMP Industrial Reit. I have a remaining smallish stake in it.
- Acendas Hospitality Reit. Have sold some as $0.91 and $0.965 to take some profit. Likely to keep the remaiing stake for now as it is merging with Ascott Residence Trust



No comments:

Equity Risk Premium in US market

Equity Risk Premium (ERP) refers to the additional return over risk-free interest rate for holding equity.  ERP can be computed by taking ea...