Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Strategy Change

Interesting Blog

Recently, I have been reading the LT3000 blog (lt3000.blogspot.com). The blog has very interesting articles like the preference to be 100% invested,  the philosophy of buying less than perfect companies at very discounted price (e.g. buying a 5/10 company at 3) and having tiny position

Strategy Change

As I mentioned earlier, 8% of my stock portfolio was in Eagle Hospitality Trust before the large drop in Nov 2019. This prompts me to re-think my position sizing, in that I should have a smaller position in Eagle and other stocks. 

Moving forward, I will change my position sizing to 
- at most 3% of portfolio for reasonably value stocks (0.5 value < price < 0.8 value)
at most 5% of portfolio for deep value stocks (price < 0.5 value)

The above will be a guide to my position sizing. If I think that the stock carries more risk, I will limit the position size further. 

Looking at Stocks

I have been looking at Hong Kong stocks recently, as I find that there are some interesting counters that give rather high dividends and has low PE ratio. 

For example, Sun Hung Kai (86) gives more than 7% dividend and is around 6 PE ratio.


No comments:

Why own S-Reits, why not own HK developers?

Singaporeans are familar with S-Reits, especially since S-Reits has been a good asset class to own in last decade till 2022. However, in the...