Sunday, August 1, 2021

China Tech Stock Crash

China tech share prices have fallen heavily in the past week due to investors' fear arising from China government regulations on edu-tech companines and increasing regulations on internet companies.

I have some China stocks. My portfolio have fallen 5% in the past week.

In the past 1 week, I have sold China Feihe (cut loss, as I lack the conviction to hold) and some Singapore shares to raise cash to buy China tech stocks.

I have bought more Alibaba and Tencent. Also initiated position on Autohome and Lufax; they are associated companies under Ping An which I have also have some shares in. 

In retrospect, I am taking the opportunity in this tech crash to veer my portfolio more to China tech stocks. 

In addition, I will add 2 rules when buying shares of new companies

1) Will I sell if the stock fall by 20%? If yes, I should not buy the stock

2) Does the business benefit its customers? If no, I should not buy it. (This is to weed out companies whose fundamentals may be eroded by government regulations.)



No comments:

80% of CapitaLand China Trust debts are in SGD

Earlier, I noted that Chinese reits have debts in non-RMB ( link ).  CapitaLand China Trust's borrowings are mostly in non-RMB too. In f...