Sunday, January 2, 2022

2021 Review Part 2

On Individual Stock Portfolio

Currently, I have some Singapore stocks purchase in 2020 or early 2021, hoping that their prices will rise as we exit Covid. In 2022, if these stocks’ prices rises as we exit Covid hopefully, I will sell them off.

In addition, I hope to continue to search for stocks with quality business and will create a watchlist on them. If their prices are right, I may initiate a position.

Eventually, I hope to own stocks whose earnings are materially higher 10 years from now.

Others

As I have around 14% cash, I will put the cash to buy more SSB in 2022. Probably I will buy some SSB each month in 2022 to average out the yield. In addition, I may redeem a 2 SSBs that have low yields as they are subscribed in mid 2021.

I may also put a portion of the cash into Endowus Smart Enhanced to earn higher interest. In addition, I may sell some SRS stock holdings and put them into Endowus Core Dimensional, which is a world equity fund with low expense ratio, to get more diversification.

Thoughts on 2022

I think that interest rates around the developed countries will rise in 2022, due to higher inflation in late 2021.

Cycle-wise, I feel that US equity market is quite expensive relative to historical PE ratio and hence it should be near the top of the cycle. For China stocks listed in HK, they seem to be in around the trough of the cycle, as their stock prices have dropped a lot in 2021.

Singapore stocks should be around the average of the cycle, I guess.

I do not have views on other countries, as I am not familiar with them 

No comments:

Equity Risk Premium in US market

Equity Risk Premium (ERP) refers to the additional return over risk-free interest rate for holding equity.  ERP can be computed by taking ea...