Saturday, December 17, 2022

Buying Meta

 I bought a small stake in Meta recently at $118. 

The thesis is that 

1) Meta has stable ad business from Facebook and Instragram that are cash-cows

2) In medium term, there are more monetisation avenues from Reels and Whatsapp biz messaging

3) Meta is a cheap way to gain exposure to Metaverse. If Metaverse fails, sure you lose out on the cashflow invested in Metaverse but Meta's existing business Facebook/Instragram/Whatsapp will still be around

I missed buying at the lows of $90+, as I am not sure of my thoughts on Meta then. By the time I concluded (3), Meta is around $110-$120+ level. 


No comments:

Cromwell 1Q 2024; Buying CFA Reit ETF and AEM Holdings using CPF-OA

 Cromwell 1Q 2024 results Cromwell's 1Q 2024 DPU dropped 10% to 3.5c euro.  More interesting, one of its presentation slide noted that i...