Friday, May 12, 2023

Comparing Local Banks

Recently, Prof Aswath Damodaran has an video on banks valuations. In final part of his video, he compared US banks using serveral indicators in a table.

I compared our three local banks using the indicators in his table. I did not include the '% of assets held to maturity' as there seems to be little info on it in our local banks' statement and it is probably not material.



From the table, OCBC seems to be cheapest among the three banks, while DBS seems to be dearest due to its higher ROE (or growth). 

If I am interested to buy the cheapest bank, I will probably look at OCBC . Nonetheless, I am not buying bank shares now. 

No comments:

Cromwell 1Q 2024; Buying CFA Reit ETF and AEM Holdings using CPF-OA

 Cromwell 1Q 2024 results Cromwell's 1Q 2024 DPU dropped 10% to 3.5c euro.  More interesting, one of its presentation slide noted that i...