Saturday, April 13, 2024

Not optimistic on S-Reits

I am not optimistic on S-Reits, as I think that US Fed rate may not decline by much this year. 'Higher (rates) for longer' lead to higher finance cost and hence lower DPU for S-Reits in general. 

Larry Summers (see link to video below) noted that Fed should not cut rates given current config of low unemployment, strong economic growth and the recent CPI data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDNZuYUn-o


I had sold my stakes in United Hampshire Reit earlier in March 2024.

Currently, I only has stake in Cromwell, which is a European Reit. EU is more likely to cut their interest rate given its weak economic growth and lower inflation of 2.4% in March 2024. 


No comments:

80% of CapitaLand China Trust debts are in SGD

Earlier, I noted that Chinese reits have debts in non-RMB ( link ).  CapitaLand China Trust's borrowings are mostly in non-RMB too. In f...