Saturday, March 21, 2020

Warchest Deployment and Thoughts on SReits

STI has dropped 25% year-to-date.

Warchest Deployment

I have deployed around 30% of my warchest in Mar 2020 so far. The warchest includes my CPF-OA investable funds.

Some of the warchest funds are in SSB and will need some time to redeem.

For the rest of my warchest, a possible action plan going forward:
STI 2,150 - 2,300: Deploy 1/3 of remaining warchest
STI 2,000 - 2,150: Deploy 1/3 of remaining warchest
STI below 2,000 : Deploy 1/3 of remaining warchest (CPF-OA investable funds)
STI below 1,800 and no more funds: Deploy rest of CPF-OA into unit trust or STI ETF


An alternative Plan B will be:
 1) Wait for market to stabilise with price breaking 20-day moving average before deploying rest of warchest

Hmm, not sure which plan is better?

Anyway, I will not make any purchase for the next few days. This is to let my cash position stabilise, so that I have more accurate picture of my remaining funds.

S-Reits Thoughts

While the market have crashed, the reits below are not cheap at P/B basis

Ascendas Reit: 1.16 P/B
Mapletree Commercial Trust: 1.00 P/B
Mapletree Industrial Trust: 1.33 P/B
Mapletree Logistic Trust: 1.11 P/B

I am not sure why the 4 reits above is trading at book or above book value during market crash. I guess that the 4 reits above are a 'crowded' trade.

The Capita reits are cheaper at P/B basis.

CapitaComm Trust: 0.80 P/B
CapitalMall Trust: 0.85 P/B

Anyway, the above reits are not in my watchlist currently. I am just expressing my surpise at seeing reits trading above NAV at the current moment.


No comments:

Why own S-Reits, why not own HK developers?

Singaporeans are familar with S-Reits, especially since S-Reits has been a good asset class to own in last decade till 2022. However, in the...