Sunday, April 26, 2020

End Apr Thoughts

Plan moving forward

Currently, my stock allocation is 63.5%, higher than the 57% allocation at end 2019.

I plan to stick to the current allocation and do nothing for now. This is because I am not sure if we are going to see a lower bottom down the road. I am not sure how fast the global economy will recover.

If we see a lower bottom, I will have some funds to buy shares at lower prices.

If there is no lower bottom, I still benefitted from stock market recovery.

Performance and Positioning

My stock portfolio as at end 1Q 2020 is -20%, close to STI's -22.6%.

Currently, my portfolio is -15%, as the market recovered from its lows.

I hold 39 stocks, a more diversified portfolio compared to end 2019 (26 stocks).

I am not sure how things will be moving forward. Will we see a second wave in 2H 2020? Will we see a L, U or V-shaped recovery?

Given the unknown, I will avoid travel-related stocks and hotel stocks for now.



No comments:

Equity Risk Premium in US market

Equity Risk Premium (ERP) refers to the additional return over risk-free interest rate for holding equity.  ERP can be computed by taking ea...