Thursday, July 7, 2022

Half Essex Bio-Tech, thinking on 10 year bond

 I had halved my stake in Essex Bio-Tech today, as it releases a profit warning yesterday night. The decision was also due to possibility of it writing off some of its investment in a drug and my thinking that if I am to buy the stock, I will own half the stake I have.

I thought of buying 10 year Treasury bond, as US seems to be heading for recession and inflation seems to be slowing. However, I am not knowledgeable on bonds. I cannot tell how much I can lose in bonds nor how much I can gain on bonds. Thus I should pass.

I bought SG 6mths T-bill. The auction results is out and the cut-off yield is 2.66%. This is higher than last month's 2.3x%. Now the question comes if I should continue to buy more T-bill or I should hold the cash, so that I can buy stocks if market decline. 


No comments:

Cromwell 1Q 2024; Buying CFA Reit ETF and AEM Holdings using CPF-OA

 Cromwell 1Q 2024 results Cromwell's 1Q 2024 DPU dropped 10% to 3.5c euro.  More interesting, one of its presentation slide noted that i...