Thursday, July 28, 2022

Started Buying

 Have dipped into my funds to started buying:

1) JPGL -- a multi-factor index fund listed in LSE. I am pondering between JPGL and IFSW (another multi-factor index fund). Decided on JPGL, as its max holding in a single stock is around 0.6% which means that it is more diversified. 

If you look at morningstar on the portfolio characteristics, JPGL scores higher on low-volatility factor, while IFSW scores higher on quality factor. Can't say which factor is better.

2) USSC -- a US value small cap fund listed in LSE. I bought LSE-listed ETF, as they may be domiciled in Ireland and hence I can save on US dividend withholding tax. 

Recent news noted that US small cap value seems to have higher ROE than US small cap growth. Given this, I think that US small cap value is cheap currently.

Sold:

1) Meta, at breakeven prices. Decide to let this go, as I don't really like the FB business

2) Essex Bio-tech. Wanted to sell and then use the proceeds to add on to my position in CNOOC. But CNOOC has run up. I will hold on to the cash then.

On T-bills, have bought

1) 1-year T-bill issued in Jul. It provides 3.1%, which is not a bad yield

Will also be buying the 6 mth T-bill this week. This will means that some of my funds are tied in T-bill till Jan/Feb next year. 

Given that SSB has been capping the amounts in recent months, it is easier to put funds into T-bills instead. 



No comments:

Why own S-Reits, why not own HK developers?

Singaporeans are familar with S-Reits, especially since S-Reits has been a good asset class to own in last decade till 2022. However, in the...