Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Musing on Keppel Pacific Oak US Reit

Keppel Pacific Oak US Reit (KORE) announced suspension of dividends this week for 2H 2023 - end 2025. This is becaue they need to conserve cash for capex for office improvements and reduce debt. This caused the share price to drop sharply from $0.25 to $0.15.

As noted earlier, I sold KORE at $0.315 (missing the subsequent run-up to $0.36), as I was not comfortable with US office risks. 

Given that KORE has suspended its dividend, if I want to buy it again, I will wait for price to drop to $0.10, which is at 15% of NAV. The lower price is to compensate for the lack of dividends and the US offices risk. 

Nonethless, I have switched to avoiding companies in net debt lately, after reading 'What I learn from Investing from Darwin'. The book is great and espouses on 'avoid risk, buy quality companies and hold' based on evolution ideas. The book can be borrowed as e-book from NLB. 

No comments:

80% of CapitaLand China Trust debts are in SGD

Earlier, I noted that Chinese reits have debts in non-RMB ( link ).  CapitaLand China Trust's borrowings are mostly in non-RMB too. In f...